Recipe for Success: Have Faith in Yourself and Do the Work
We must have the naiveté to believe in ourselves. To have faith in ourselves. We often forget just how much we are capable of. We often forget what may happen if we try and succeed. We're too preoccupied with what may happen if we try and fail. There is no way to march but forward. There is no way to go but up. We must have the blind faith in our feet to heed our call. For the heart says we must go on.
Will you go?
And risk all?
Or will you stay?
And risk not?
Before you choose
The consequences of staying are great
Just in case you need a reminder, a boost, a bit of help - here a few ideas that will help.
How to have faith in yourself:
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, when your feet touch the ground, shout out with joy. You are alive! And you are The Shit.
- Remind yourself of all the awesome things you’ve done before – take notes if necessary. If you can’t think of any, ask around. Someone you know will surely tell you something awesome you’ve done before.
- Remind yourself you can do these awesome things again if needed.
- Think about solutions, not problems.
- Find people who have it worse off than you do. Help them. This will serve two purposes – you will understand what you can do and someone who very much needs help will receive it.
- Push your boundaries. Set a goal that seems far away and take steps to achieve it. Watch your progress. Reward your progress.
- Do the work.
- Finish your work.